9/29/2005

Justice Delayed


Oh, and the Hammer goes down. Tom Delay has been indicted; no mean trick for a white politician from Texas. But he has not yet been convicted.

Says Mr. Delay:

"Now let me be very, very clear: I have done nothing wrong, I have violated no law, no regulation, no rule of the House. I have done nothing unlawful, unethical or, I might add, unprecedented."

He added: "My defense in this case will not be technical or legalistic. It will be categorical and absolute. I am innocent; Mr. Earle and his staff know it, and I will prove it."

DeLay denounced the indictment as "an act of blatant political partisanship" by a "rogue district attorney" and "unabashed partisan zealot."

"This is one of the weakest, most baseless indictments in American history," DeLay said. "It's a sham, and Mr. Earle knows it."

And finally:

"This is just the worst travesty of justice I have ever seen."

Really Tom? Ever, in American history? So I guess you'll be quite the revered mascot for many of those wrongfully convicted lifers in the Texas penal system. If I were you, I'd appeal -- all the way to the Supreme Court.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home